Candidates do not have an account on the application portal, therefore the application submission has to be performed in one step.
Applicants have to provide a copy of their CV and a 1- page research statement describing the PhD work and how it relates to the summit theme.
Applicants also need to provide 2 referees which will be contacted separately to provide letters of recommendation:
- The first referee must be the candidate’s PhD advisor. The reference letter must clearly state when graduation of the student is expected
- The 2nd referee can be chosen freely by the candidate but should be involved in the PhD research work
Candidates have to insure that the referees will submit their letters by June 10th the latest. We will only consider complete applications where the 2 reference letters have been provided in time.
- Application deadline for candidates: May 31st 2019
- Deadline for referees to upload their reference letter: June 10th 2019
- Announcement of successful applicants: End of July 2019
- Engineering PhD Summit at EPFL: October 2-4 2019
- E-mail address for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org